Paver Pete presents the benefits of using screwjack-style pedestals for alternative applications. In this case, the shower drain will be hidden below the pavement.
Buzon BC-series pedestals are available through your local Techo-Bloc authorized dealer.
Advantages of pedestals:
- Replaces tons of aggregates
- Used in more applications than only roofdecks
- Less traffic, clean up and damage in the backyard, which results in less repair costs
Buzon BC series:
- Made of recycled polypropylene
- Screw-jack style, adjustable for height, pattern and joint width
- UV / salt / chemical resistant
Installation of the pedestals
STEP 1: Use the Buzon leveling system to calculate the pitch and mark in which direction the water will go.
STEP 2: Adjust slope corrector to the pitch resulting in a level finished surface.
STEP 3 (OPTIONAL): Secure couplers together if more elevation is needed.
STEP 4: Set the base in place and adjust it.
STEP 5 (OPTIONAL): Use shims to help seat the units as they go in. They can also make up for imperfections.
STEP 6: Place the slabs above the pedestals.